Saturday, December 12, 2009

A start, finally

12 Dec. 09

Just got my access to ‘guitarsuperstars’; my first guitar guide.

Not knowing what to expect, finding different masters to choose from comes as quite a pleasant surprise. So these guitar gurus are masters of their respective genres, and I definitely will be referring to all of them at some point or the other.

I’m starting with Chris Nicholson, a master in the classical and acoustic forms of guitar playing. Having gone through the first two video tutorials, I know what the different strings are called (E,A,D,G,B, and E again), how to 'pluck' on the strings, and the basic 'good' guitar playing posture.

I now need to master playing the eight different notes that I’ve seen played using the first three strings, and once I’m done doing that, we’re on to the next level. Until then, it’s G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G.

No comments:

Post a Comment